An MX (mail exchanger) entry tells a client which server receives mail sent to a domain name.
- Log into your cPanel account.
- In the Mail section, click on the MX Entry icon.
- Select a domain from the drop down menu.
- In the Add New Record section, set the priority for the new MX entry, keeping in mind that 0 is the highest priority.
- In the Destination text box, type the hostname of the new mail exchanger. This must be a fully qualified domain name, you can not specify an IP address here.
- Click Add New Record to save your changes
To delete an MX entry:
- Click Delete next to the appropriate MX entry.
- Confirm that the entry should be deleted by clicking Delete again.
Please note: You will need to delete the existing MX record before adding your new MX record.