The default or catch-all address is the one to which all e-mails, addressed to a non-available or mistakenly entered email account at your domain name are routed to. In case someone sends an email to email@example.com and you do not have such mailbox, the catch-all option will forward this email to your default email address.
- To access the auto responders menu, click on the Default Address icon on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
- From the drop-down menu select the (sub)domain for which you would like to set up a default address.
- Now you have several options.
- You can forward all unrouted mail to an email address; in this case, you should type in the address in the field.
- You can discard all unrouted mail with an error to the senders; in this case you should type in the message which will be sent to the senders.
- From the Advanced Options you can discard all unrouted mail, pipe it to a program or forward it to the system account.
- Click Change to apply your settings.
Note: Please check the default email from time to time to ensure that it is not filled up with needed/unneeded messages.