Subdomains are URLs for different sections of your website. They use your main domain name and a prefix. For example, if your domain is root.ly a sub-domain of your domain might be test.root.ly.
Create a Subdomain
- Access to your account in cPanel App. If you don’t an account, please click here to create one.
- Click on the list icon on the top left and then click Domain Functions > Sub-Domain.
- Click Add to create a subdomain.
- Choose the domain that you will used to create a subdomain.
- Enter the subdomain name in the blank field next to Domain.
- Enter the name of the directory which contains the subdomain that the addon domain will point to in the blank field next to Document Root: (This directory will be filled automatically and you can change the location for the subdomain’s files, just as public_html is the location for your primary domain’s files).
- Click Submit.
Note: replace test with your subdomain name.
Delete a Subdomain
- To remove a Subdomain domain, check the subdomain domain that you want to remove and click on the trash icon on the bottom right.
- A confirmation message will appear, click on Confirmation Delete then Close.