Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week to free up disk space.
You can create Cron Job through your Client Area account as follow:
- Log in to your Client Area account.
- Enter your email address and password.
- From Hosting & Services drop-down menu, select My Hosting & Services.
- A list of Hosting owned by you will appear, choose the Hosting that you want to create a cron job and click on Active.
- At Manage Account section, you will find a list of cPanel features. Click on Cron Jobs.
- Select how often you wish the command to be run by selecting an option in each of the boxes or by selecting a predefined period from the Common Settings drop-down menu.
- Enter the command you wish the cron job to run in the blank field next to the Command field.
- Click on Add New Cron Job to save your changes and set up your cron job.
- Your Cron Job will appear in the list of Current Cron Jobs. Also you can edit or delete any cron job you have.