E-mail filtering allows you to select messages that contain certain strings of text or other symbols, and either discard them, or send them to another e-mail box of your choice.
- To access the user level filtering menu, click on the User Level Filtering icon on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
- Click on Manage Filters next to the account for which you wish to add filters.
- To add a filter, click on Create a new Filter.
- In the “Filter Name” field type in a unique name for the filter.
- From the Rules options you should choose the rules a mail should match in order to be filtered.
- From the Actions drop-down menu you should choose what action should be performed when a mail matches a rule in the filter.
- To enable the filter, click on Activate.
If you want to applied globally filter for the whole cPanel accounts, you have to use Account level filtering with the same steps as user level filtering.
- Type a message in the Filter Test box and click on Test Filter to see where the message will go. Use the word(s) from your filter(s) in this message to test if they work.
Please note that e-mail filtering does not leave a copy of the e-mail in the box you apply the filter for.