How do I create DNS records for subdomains from DNS management?
This article will show you how to create DNS records for subdomains from your Client Area account using DNS management.
Subdomains are URLs for different sections of your website. They use your main domain name and a prefix. For example, if your domain is root.ly a sub-domain of your domain might be test.root.ly.
Note: When configuring a subdomain through DNS Management service and you want to use it to a web server, you will have to add the sudomain to the webserver configuration through your control panel first, then you have to create A record for this subdomain using DNS management.
You can create A record for subdomains from Client Area using DNS management as follow:
- Login to your Client Area account, and click on Domains > My Domains
- Click on the domain you want to add subdomains to. Then click on DNS Management.
- Click on Add Record.
- Enter your subdomain name in the Record field.
- From the Type menu, choose A record.
- Enter the IP address of your server in the Content field. Then click Add record.