Subdomains are URLs for different sections of your website. They use your main domain name and a prefix. For example, if your domain is root.ly a sub-domain of your domain might be test.root.ly.
Note: When configuring a subdomain through DNS Management service and you want to use it to a web server, you will have to add the sudomain to the webserver configuration through your control panel first, then you have to create A record for this subdomain using DNS management.
You can create A record for subdomains from Client Area using DNS management as follow:
- Login to your Client Area account, and click on Domains > My Domains
- Click on the domain you want to add subdomains to. Then click on DNS Management.
- Click on Add Record.
- Enter your subdomain name in the Record field.
- From the Type menu, choose A record.
- Enter the IP address of your server in the Content field. Then click Add record.