What is Two Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA, is an extra layer of security that requires not only a password and username but also something that only a user has on them, i.e. a piece of information only they should know or have immediately on hand.
You can enable and manage Two-Factor Authentication for your account by following these steps:
- Login to your Client Area account, then click on Security Settings.
- Click on Click here to Enable button.
- After enabling Two-Factor, you will have to choose between two options :
Time-Based (One-Time Password):
This authentication option get’s it’s second factor using a time based algorithm. You can use your mobile phone to generate the codes.
If you don’t already have an app that can do this, we recommend Google Authenticator which is available for iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices.
The clock of the user’s device and the server have to be synchronized, because network latency and out-of-sync clocks can result in the password recipient having to try a range of possible times to authenticate against. Please make sure the time on your device is correct.
To configure Google Authenticator for your device, please follow those steps:
- Install the Google Authenticator application for your iOS device or Android device..
- On your mobile device, open the Google Authenticator application, click Begin.
- Select Scan a barcode, then capture the barcode presented by the system as shown bellow.
- Enter the code that is generated by the Google Authenticator application, to verify it is working as intended.
For information about how to install, please check the following external guide (Install Google Authenticator).
In order to use Yubikey as two-factor you need to have the Yubikey USB. To learn more about the product and order it, please visit Yubico.