cPanel includes multiple ways to upload files to your account when creating your website. One option is using an FTP client. Your hosting provider can provide you with account specific details for using a FTP client, or you can use the FTP Client Configuration tool provided in your cPanel, under the FTP Accounts icon located in the Files section.
Another option is to use the cPanel File Manager. This useful tool allows you to manage files and folders on your account right from within the cPanel interface. You can find tutorials and documentation for both of these options on the cPanel Documentation website at these links:
- Video Tutorial: http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/filemanager.htm
- File Manager Documentation:http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/FileManager
- FTP Documentation:http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/FTPAccounts
If you are experiencing any issues with your cPanel account, cPanel File Manager, or your website itself, we reccomend that you get in touch with your hosting provider for fastest resolution and support.
If you are unsure of who your hosting provider is, there are multiple ways to try and locate them for support:
- Search your inbox for any payment or invoice notifications associated with your hosting account.
- Check your credit card statement for the name of the company you pay for hosting services.
- Look up details for your domain to determine your hosting provider:http://whois.domaintools.com/
- Under Whois record tab, scroll down towards the bottom of the listing
- Under Domain servers in listed order: your domain’s Nameserver will appear (This information may contain the name of your hosting provider).
- You might also try performing a search for your domain with this tool to locate your provider:http://www.whoishostingthis.com/