What is Cloudflare and why should I use it?
Cloudflare is a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN is a distributed network of servers that provides several advantages for the website:
Cached content: By caching website content, Cloudflare helps improve page load speeds, reduce bandwidth usage, and reduce CPU usage on the server.
High availability: With a redundant network of servers worldwide, if a server experiences an issue, Cloudflare’s CDN simply “fails over” to use another server.
Increased security: Cloudflare helps improve security by blocking threats before they even reach a site. Cloudflare’s CDN can also provide some protection against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
How to activate Cloudflare on my domain?
The following steps will help you to activate Cloudflare from cPanel:
- Login to your account on cPanel.
- In the Software section, click on Cloudflare.
- Click on Sign in here as shown below.
- Click on Sign up to create your Cloudflare account. You can sign up using your personal email.
- After signing up you will be asked to add your domain for Cloudflare activation.
- Next, click on Provision Domain with CNAME Setup to activate your domain.
- As shown below, you can choose which domain/subdomain to activate Cloudflare on by clicking On/Off button in front of each domain. Hint: You most likely want to only enable it for your main domain.