A cron job allows you to run a certain command at times set by the job. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week so that your disk space is not being used up by those files.
- To access the Cron Jobs Menu, click on the corresponding icon located on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
- Enter the email address where the cron output will be sent to in the corresponding field.
- Enter the command you wish the cron job to run in the blank field next to the Command field.
- Select how often you wish the command to be run by selecting an option in each of the boxes or by selecting a predefined period from the Common Settings drop-down menu.
- Click on Add New Cron Job to save your changes and set up your cron job.
When a cron job is no longer needed, you should delete it so the command will not continue to run.