You can limit access to certain resources of your website by password protecting the directories they are in.
To password protect your directory:
- Select the Password Protect Directories icon from your cPanel main page.
- Select the directory in which you wish to begin working in the pop-up window.
- Click the Go button.
- Select the directory you wish to protect from the list.
- Using the Name the protected directory field, assign a name to the password protected directory.
- Check the box for Password protect this directory.
- Click Save.
- Click Go Back.
- Fill in a Username and Password at the bottom of the page, and click Add/modify authorized user.
To ensure your directory has been password protected, launch your browser and view the directory. If the browser prompts you to login, then your folder has been password protected.