How to register a domain?
Registering a .ly domain name couldn’t be simpler: If you are a new customer / user, then add your details by clicking on the “New user/sign up now” Once you have added your details or if you are an existing customer, you can proceed by logging onto to your account. Here you will be able […]
Registering a .ly domain name couldn’t be simpler:
- If you are a new customer / user, then add your details by clicking on the “New user/sign up now”
- Once you have added your details or if you are an existing customer, you can proceed by logging onto to your account. Here you will be able to search for your target domain name’s availability and to reserve these names by following the step by step instructions provided.
- To complete the registration form you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Your name and address – the details you have used to create your user account will be used by default
- The name and address of the person or organisation using the domain, the Registrant
- The name and address of the person or organisation who will act as Administrative, Technical and Billing contacts
- The details of your domain name server where your target domain name will be hosted. You will need to provide two DNS (Domain Name Server) names as well as the relevant IP addresses. If you do not have DNS details at this stage then you can select the default names pointing at our servers, where, if you wish you can apply for free hosting for the full term of the domain name registration
- If paying by credit card then you will need to have the details of the credit card available
- Once you have completed the application form and added your payment details, your registration will examined by our Host master. who will determine if the name you have registered conforms to our standard requirements and does not infringe on any existing trademarks or reserved words. Once approved, your domain name will be available to use for the period of registration you have specified in your application.
- If you are paying by credit card and you are registering a domain name for the first time, then you will receive a payment confirmation email. This needs to be read carefully as it contains important information. You will then be required to ensure that the person whose credit card has been used to make the payment, signs the form and return to our administration by fax or by surface mail. Failure to do this ma result in your domain name registration being voided and the payment will be refunded to the credit card holder’s account
For further information or if you are having any difficulties then please email out customer support team at support(at)libyanspider.com