How to Switch your Email Client from Port 25 to Port 465 – Apple OS X Mail
This article will show you how to configure your email client to use port 465 for outgoing messages, as will as how to configure SSL encryption for outgoing and incoming messages.
- Open OS X Mail.
- Go to the ‘Mail‘ menu and click ‘Preferences‘.
- Click on ‘Accounts’.
- Click on the mail account you wish to edit, you may have multiple accounts so if you do you will need to edit each one separately.
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Mail Server‘ drop down menu and select ‘Edit SMTP Server List…‘.
- Go to the ‘Advanced‘ tab
- Uncheck ‘Automatically detect and maintain account settings‘
- Make sure that the port is ‘465’
- Click ‘OK‘
- Close the Accounts window.
- Click on ‘Window’ and click on ‘Connection Doctor’.
- Wait for the account sitting test to be completed.
- If the test completed successfully, close the window, and you can use your email normally. Otherwise, submit a support ticket, to help us diagnose the issue, please attach a screenshot of your email sittings and the error you receive.