- Open OS X Mail.
- Go to the ‘Mail‘ menu and click ‘Preferences‘.
- Click on ‘Accounts’.
- Click on the mail account you wish to edit, you may have multiple accounts so if you do you will need to edit each one separately.
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Mail Server‘ drop down menu and select ‘Edit SMTP Server List…‘.
- Go to the ‘Advanced‘ tab
- Uncheck ‘Automatically detect and maintain account settings‘
- Make sure that the port is ‘465’
- Click ‘OK‘
- Close the Accounts window.
- Click on ‘Window’ and click on ‘Connection Doctor’.
- Wait for the account sitting test to be completed.
- If the test completed successfully, close the window, and you can use your email normally. Otherwise, submit a support ticket, to help us diagnose the issue, please attach a screenshot of your email sittings and the error you receive.