What is Two-Factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA) is a method to confirm user identity by using a combination of two different factors, password and something the user knows (ex. Security Question) or have (ex. Code number sent to users phone number).
How does it work?
When you enable 2FA, an application on your smartphone supplies a code that you must enter with your password to log in.
Step 1: Install The Authenticator App
In this article, we will show you how to use the Google Authenticator app for two-factor authentication. You can use any other authentication app available in the store.
First, install Google Authenticator, for Android/IOS, devise.
Step 2: Enable Two-Factor Authentication for Plesk
- Login to your Plesk account. Click on Google Authenticator under Additional Services on the right bar.
- Click on Enable Multi-Factor Authentication check box.
- Open the authenticator app and clicks on BEGIN SETUP (for first-time setup).
- Click on Scan a barcode. The camera on your phone will open automatically with a red lines box in the middle.
- Place the QR code showed on your Plesk within the red lines box. This is how to scan the QR code.
- Enter the security code generated in the Verification code field, then click on OK.
Step 3: How to use Two-Factor Authentication login
Now, after enabling the two-factor authentication login, the Plesk login process would be:
1- Login to your Plesk account with username and password as usual.
2- Next, you will be asked to enter the Verification code. Go to the authenticator app and enter the security code generated, then click on OK.
The authenticator app will continuously generate a new code that is useable only in the period shown next to the code as below.
For further questions, you can Submit a ticket.