Your Client Area offers many tools to ease your Dedicated Server management. You don’t have to wait for a technician to physically visit the server for basic operations such as power management and operating system installation, you can do all of this from the comfort of your Client Area.
In this article we will walk you through how to manage basic operations such as Booting (Powering Up), Rebooting (Power Cycle) and Shutting Down (Power Off) your server, as well as learn how to rebuild your server Operating System with a variety of wildly used OS images..
- First, Login to the Client Area account.
- From your home page click “Hosting & Services”
- In “My Products & Services” list, locate and click on your “Dedicated Server” package.
- In the “Manage Product” page of your server you can manage the following options:
- Boot, Reboot and Shutdown the server.
- Rebuild OS Installation.
- Change Password.
- Scroll down to Control Panel you will find Boot, Reboot and Shutdown
- If you click “Boot” the server will turn on and the status will change to “Running”.
- Click “Reboot” to restart the server the server status will be “Running”.
- Click “Shutdown” to turn off the server and the status will change to “Halted”.
- To Rebuild your server OS click “Rebuild” under “OS Installation”
- In the Rebuild page you can see your current OS and if an installation is running or not.
- From the list of Operating Systems choose the OS you want for your server and click “Rebuild”.
- A prompt will show up enter the “Username” and “Password”, then click “Rebuild”.
- While the server is installing your new OS the option “Is Currently Being Installed” will change to “yes“, also you can follow the installation process by Looking at the “Rebuild status” option.