What is Plesk?
Plesk is a control panel that enables web hosting customers to easily perform a variety of tasks using an easy to use web interface. It includes all the necessary tools to create and manage websites, mailboxes, databases, and so on.
To login to your Plesk Panel, please follow this article. Further more, you can login directly using the login details you received when you reserved your hosting plan.
Plesk interface overview
Once you are logged into your Plesk account, you will be in the Websites & Domains page.
Plesk interface is split into three parts:
The top horizontal bar has four clickable areas :
- The top left “LibyanSpider” is a link to libyanspider.com home page.
- If you click the Logged in as user, a drop down menu with two options will appear
- Edit Profile: Click to edit your general and contact details.
- Log out: Click to logout of your session.
- Clicking the help button will show a drop down menu with two options
- Read the Guides: Click to visit Plesk Documentation and Help Portal.
- Watch Video tutorials: If you are new to Plesk, video tutorials are a great way to get started. Here you can find both basic and more advanced tutorials that cover a number of Plesk management operations.
- “powered by plesk” button will direct you to the Plesk website.
This menu provides an easy access to the main functions that you can manage such as Mail and Files for example, below you will find a short description of the pages and functions they provide:
- Search… : Quickly search for pages and functions
- Websites & Domains: Tools present here enable customers to add and remove domains, subdomains, and domain aliases. They also enable them to manage various web hosting settings, create and manage databases and database users, change their DNS settings, and secure their websites with SSL certificates.
- Mail: Tools present here enable customers to add and remove mail accounts, as well as manage mail server settings.
- Applications: Tools present here enable customers to easily install and manage a wide range of web applications.
- Files: This page features a web-based file manager that enables customers to upload content to their website, as well as manage the files already present in their webspace.
- Databases: This page allows customers to create new ar manage existing databases.
- Statistics: This page features information about disk and traffic usage, as well as the link to web statistics that present a detailed overview of the site’s visitors.
- Users: Tools present here enable customers to add and remove user accounts that enable other people to log in to Plesk.
- Account: This page features information about resource usage for the subscription, allowed hosting options and granted Permissions. Tools present here enable customers to retrieve and update their contact details and other personal information, and also back up their subscription settings and websites.
Contains all the controls relevant to the option chosen in the Main menu, and the different tools that allows managing of the different aspects related to that option.
For more information about Plesk you can read the Plesk control panel Documentation.