This tutorial will guide you how to setup POP/IMAP email account on windows Phone 8.
- Open Settings.
- Tap email + accounts
- Choose add an account.
- Select advanced setup
- Enter your Email address and Password
Note: write your domain in full, email@example.com as an example.
- Tap Next.
- Select Internet email.
- Enter an Account Name, this is how the account will be identified later.
- Enter Your name, as you would like it to appear in your emails.
- Enter mail.yourdomain-name as the Incoming email server.
Note: write your domain in full, mail.domain.com as an example.
- Choose POP3 or IMAP4 as the Account Type.
Note: Check out this tutorial to see the difference between POP and IMAP Click Here. IMAP is the preferred protocol as it will not download and store your emails on your Windows 8 device.
- Enter your full email address as the User name.
- Enter mail.yourdomain.com as the Outgoing (SMTP) email server.
Note: write your domain in full.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Ensure that Outgoing server requires authentication is checked.
Your device now is configured to send and receive your domain email.