How to Switch your Email Client from Port 25 to Port 465 – Apple IOS Mail
This article will show you how to configure your Thunderbird email client to use port 465 for outgoing messages, as well as how to configure SSL encryption for outgoing and incoming messages.
To re-configure your IOS Mail Client on iPhone, iPad, and iPod to use an alternative SMTP port. Please follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap the email account you want to change.
- Tap SMTP and the SMTP server you want to modify.
- Make sure Use SSL is selected, enter port number 465.
- Go to Mail, and check to see if you can send email.