How to Switch your Email Client from Port 25 to Port 465 – Microsoft Outlook 2007
This article will show you how to configure your email client to use port 465 for outgoing messages, as well as how to configure SSL encryption for outgoing and incoming messages.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
- Go to Tools > Accounts
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click the ‘Change‘ button.
- Make sure that your Incoming and Outgoing mail server are “mail.your-domain”.
- Click the ‘More Settings‘ button.
- Select the ‘Outgoing Server‘ tab.
- Make sure that ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication‘ is ticked.
- Make sure that ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ is selected.
- Select the ‘Advanced‘ tab.
- In the ‘Incoming server’ section, make sure that:
- ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ is SSL.
- ‘Incoming server (IMAP)‘ port field is set to ‘993’ if you are using IMAP, and ‘995’ if you are using POP3.
- In the ‘Outgoing server’ section, make sure that:
- ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ is SSL
- ‘Outgoing server (SMTP)‘ port field is set to ‘465’.
- Click ‘OK‘
- Click on ‘Test Account Settings’.
- Wait for the account sitting test to be completed.
- If the test completed successfully, click on ‘Close’ > ‘Finish’, and you can use your email normally. Otherwise, submit a support ticket and send us a screenshot of your email sittings and the error you get.