Zimbra – Calendar
Calendar View The Work Week view is displayed by default. You can click the type of view on the Calendar toolbar to change your view for this session only. The views are as follows: Day: is one day’s activities. Work Week: displays Monday through Friday activities. Week: displays seven days of activities. You can Select […]
The Work Week view is displayed by default. You can click the type of view on the Calendar toolbar to change your view for this session only. The views are as follows:
Day: is one day’s activities.
Work Week: displays Monday through Friday activities.
Week: displays seven days of activities. You can Select which day is the first day of your week in calendar settings.
Month: displays a month’s activities.
List: displays a list of appointments for a two-week period for calendars checked in the Overview pane.
Your work week and time preferences are displayed when you view your Calendars. Days and times you show as working display as white; the off days and time display as grey.
Viewing Calendars in List view
- The List view shows Calendar appointments for the time you specify in the data range. Meetings from all selected calendars are listed by date and time showing details about the meetings, including subject, location, status, whether it is recurring or not and date and time of meeting.
- You can change the columns that are displayed by right-clicking the header and deselecting the columns you do not want to display. You can sort the list by subject, status, calendar or date.
- The check box lets you select multiple local appointments to act upon on once. You can delete selected appointments, move appointments to another calendar, or tag appointments.
Setting your Calendar View
To change the view that displays when you open your calendar, go to the Preferences > Calendar page.
- You can specify your work week, which day of the week is the first day of the week and the hours of the week that you are available.
- Show reminders. Set the number of minutes before an appointment to be reminded. The default is five minutes. You can also choose to Play asound with the reminder. If your computer volume is set to mute, you will not here a sound. Select Flash the browser title if you are working in a different browser tab or browser window and choose to have the browser title flash to remind you.
- Free/Busy: Set preferences to allow all or specific users to view your free/busy information
- Invites: You can specify who can invite you to meetings. Set preferences to allow all or specific users to invite you to meetings. If you limit who can invite you to meetings, you may want to select to send an auto-reply message to those users denied permission to let them know they do not have permission to invite you.
Creating a Calendar
One calendar is created for you, and you can create additional calendars to keep track of different type of functions. For example, you can create one calendar for work, one for personal appointments, and one for company activities. To create a calendar
1. Select the Calendar and click down-arrow to show list and choose Calendar.
2. The Create New Calendar dialog appears.
3. Type the name of the calendar into the Name field.
4. Select a color for displaying the Calendar’s activities using the Color menu.
5. Select Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times. Your free busy information on this calendar is not displayed to others when scheduling appointments.
6. Click OK. The new calendar displays in the Calendar list.
Creating a QuickAdd Appointment
1. Click on the start time in one of the calendar views.
2. Specify the following information:
- Subject :Brief description of the meeting. The text added here becomes the description in the calendar.
- Location :Where is the meeting? If the location is in the company directory, when you start to type, locations that match are listed.
- Show As :Determine your Free/Busy options for this appointment. This information displays on the Schedule Attendees page.
- Calendar :Show all calendars in your Calendar List. The first calendar displayed is your original Calendar.
- Mark as :Mark an appointment as private or public. Details about events that are marked private do not display in a grantee’s shared calendar. Only the start and end time, duration, recurrence information, and the organizer’s identity are shown in the shared calendar.
- Start Time and End Time :Define the start and end day and time.
- Repeat :Define how often this appointment occurs.
- More Details :Opens the Appointment Details tab if you want to specify additional appointment information, such as Attendees and Resources. This is optional. Use of the Appointment Details tab is described next.
3. Click Ok to save.
Creating a Meeting From the Appointment Page
This section describes how to schedule a meeting using the Appointment page.
1. Select Calendar from toolbar and click New Appointment.
2. The Appointment page appears. Specify the following information
- Subject: Brief description of the meeting. The text added here becomes the description in the calendar.
- Attendees: Enter the names of the attendees. As you enter names, a suggestion panel in the Overview pane displays, showing availability in 30 minute time slots for the attendees and for at least one location.
- Location: ُEnter the location of meeting.
- Check Allow multiple locations, if you want to reserve more than one location for the meeting.
- Click Display to select how your availability during this time should display in the Scheduler.
- Calendar: Show all calendars in your Calendar List. The first calendar displayed is your original Calendar.
3. Specify the time of the meeting
- All day event. Select this option to make this appointment an all day event. Events do not display as time on the calendar, they appear as banner at the top of the calendar schedule
- Start Time and End Time. Define the start and end day and time.
- Reminder: Set an alarm notification to remind invitees of the appointment. If the invitee has a different setting, their setting overrides your reminder settings.
- Repeat: Define how often this appointment occurs.
4. Enter information or message about the appointment.
5. Click Send If you want to send the invite out at this time or Click Save to save the appointment and invitations are not sent to the attendees.