You are looking for a free alternative to Microsoft Outlook, then its a good opportunity to discover free Zimbra Desktop. This email client integrates all the features to manage your mails:
- POP or IMAP accounts.
- No limitations on mail storage.
- Works in Offline mode.
- Calendar, office document editor,…
Download and installation
You can download the Zimbra desktop client on this link http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zd-downloads.html.
Simply choose the version corresponding to your OS and Click on the download link
- Windows – Windows MSI Installer
- Mac – DMG Package
- Linux – TAR.GZ Package
Once the download is completed, simply install the program.
Once installed, you must configure the software:
- Launch Zimbra Desktop.
- Click on “Add New Account”.
- Use the drop menu to select a (prec-configured account type):
- Next fill in the fields with the appropriate information:
- Account name- the name of the mailbox (displayed in Zimbra interface)
- Your Full Name: Name
- Email Address: the email address you want to sync with Zimbra
- Password: Email account password.
- You can also configure the Sync Settings:
- The interval after which Zimbra will check for new mails
- Calendar, Contact and groups sync.
- Validate your settings.