You can view your email messages as single messages or as conversations and you can view messages with the Reading Pane off, displayed at the bottom, or displayed on the right.
To change how messages are grouped in your mailbox, on the toolbar click View and select whether to view by conversation or by message and where you want the Reading Pane to display.
The traditional view displays a list of messages with the most recent message displayed first. Unread messages are shown in bold. The information displayed on the one line includes, flags, tags, from, attachment presence, subject, folder location, size of the message, including attachments, and the time the message was received.
Conversation view displays your messages grouped by subject. The number of messages in the conversation is displayed in parentheses after the subject. Each conversation consists of the original message and all replies. Conversations containing unread messages are shown in bold.
Double-click the conversation to display the messages within the conversation. Click on a message to display its contents. In the View link you can choose to show the oldest message or to show the newest message first.
All messages related to the conversation are displayed, even if the messages are stored in other folders. The Folder column shows the folder where the message is stored.
Navigating the Messages Content Pane
Each message, in message or conversation view, has a separate line that displays the following columns of information:
- Conversation indicator. Is this email part of a conversation?
- Flag indicator. Did the sender flag this message?
- Priority indicator. Did the sender mark this message as high priority?
- Tags. Did the message get marked by a Tag you defined?
- Status. Open or closed envelopes indicate whether a message has been read. Bold text also indicates that a message has not been read.
- From. Name or email address of the sender.
- Attachment indicator. A paper clip indicates that a message has an attachment.
- Subject. Brief description of the email message. If Snippets is enabled in your account, the first line of an email message is displayed.
- Folder. Shows the name of the folder where the message is located. For conversations, no folder name is displayed because messages can span multiple folders.
- Size. Size of the message or number of messages in the conversation.
- Received. Date or time the message was received.
Sorting messages in the Content Pane
You can sort your messages by From, Subject, Size, or Received columns.
To sort by a particular column, click the column title. The column shows an arrow indicating whether the sort is in ascending order (up arrow) or descending order (down arrow).
You can sort by one column at a time.
Source : zimbra.com