E-mail forwarding is a service through which e-mail messages are resent from a certain account to another.
Example: you have created email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc. but you would like to have all the e-mails going to one and the same e-mail box, email@example.com.
- To access the forwarders menu, click on the Forwarders icon on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
- Click on Add Forwarder.
- Put the name of the email address you wish to forward from in the first blank field. For example: for firstname.lastname@example.org, put user in the first blank field.
- You can choose to what address the incoming mail should be forwarded. The other option is to choose a failure message which will be returned to the sender.
- If you click on Advanced Options, you will be able to choose to forward the message to a system account, pipe it to a program or discard the forwarded mail.
- Click on Add Forwarder to add the forwarder.
- To delete a forwarder, simply click on the Delete button next to it.
Note: Make sure you have spelled both email addresses correctly when adding forwarders.