- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013/2016.
- Go to the ‘File‘ tab.
- Go to the ‘Info‘ section.
- Click on ‘Account Settings‘.
- Click the drop-down button titled ‘Account Settings…‘
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click the ‘Change…‘ button
- Make sure that your Incoming and Outgoing mail server are mail.yourdomain.
- Click the ‘More Settings…‘ button
- Select the ‘Outgoing Server‘ tab.
- Make sure that ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication‘ is ticked.
- Make sure that ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ is selected.
- Select the ‘Advanced‘ tab.
- In the ‘Incoming server’ section, make sure that:
- ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ is SSL.
- ‘Incoming server (IMAP)‘ port field is set to ‘993’ if you are using IMAP, and ‘995’ if you are using POP3.
- In the ‘Outgoing server’ section, make sure that:
- ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ is SSL
- ‘Outgoing server (SMTP)‘ port field is set to ‘465’.
- Click ‘OK‘
- Click on ‘Test Account Settings’.
- Wait for the account sitting test to complete.
- If the test completed successfully, click on ‘Close’ > ‘Finish’, and you can use your email normally. Otherwise, submit a support ticket and send us a screenshot of your email sittings and the error you get.