Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another. For example, if you have two different email accounts, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, you could forward email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you do not need to check both accounts. Note that the forwarded mail will still be delivered to the original address as well.
You can use Email Forwarder feature through Client Area account as follow:
- Log in your account in the Client Area at: Click here
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select View from the Number of Products/Services or click on Hosting & Services on the left of the page.
- A list of Hosting owned by you will appear, choose the Hosting that you want to use email forwarder feature and click View Details.
- At Manage Account section, you will find a list of cPanel features. Click on Email Forwarders.
- Put the name of the email address you wish to forward from in the first blank field. You can choose to what address the incoming mail should be forwarded. The other option is to choose a failure message which will be returned to the sender.
- The email forwarder account will appear in the Account Forwarders list, you can delete any forwarder account you have.
- In addition to forwarding individual mail accounts, you can forward all email from one domain to another by entering the domain you wish to forward to. Forwarding a domain’s email will override the default address for that domain.
- The domain forwarder account will appear in the Domain Forwarders list, you can delete any domain forwarder you have.